Yesterday I saw three more films and the first two, Escort in Love (Nessuno Mi Può Giudicare) and Seven Acts of Mercy (Sette Opere di Misericordia) were great. The third, A Flat For Three (Posti in Piedi in Paradiso) was really bad – my husband is insisting that it’s the worst movie he’s ever seen.
While I think that this is an exaggeration, I do feel bad that I made him go with me to see it. If any of you were there, we were the couple in the front row that left before the film was over. I just couldn’t stand it anymore.
1) I will renew my displeasure that the advertised actors weren’t at the performance; where was Pierfrancesco Favino? At the least, it should have been explained and an apology offered.
2) I’m back to disliking Micaela Ramazzotti after seeing this movie. I guess they wanted a beautiful woman that could act goofy in a kind of screwball comedy way, but she wasn’t funny at all.
3) I think Carlo Verdone may be losing his touch. The premise of A Flat for Three (3 divorced guys sharing an apartment) is tired, the look is dated, and the acting surprisingly weak. I’ve always been a big Verdone fan, and so it’s extra disappointing.
4) I don’t know how Pierfrancesco Favino and Marco Giallini weren’t embarrassed to be part of this project.
5) I don’t know how anybody was nominated or won awards for this movie!
However, the Italians behind me were howling with laughter, so I have to consider the fact that this is an example of Italian humor that I will never get.