As obsessed as women who read this blog seem to be with Riccardo Scamarcio, that’s how obsessed the men are with Monica Bellucci. I’ve gotten pretty catty about her recently, and think that her biggest beauty tip involves a scalpel and Botox, but here’s some advice from Italy’s best-loved actress. I’m not gonna lie; I’m listening.
1) I always wear some make-up, even on quiet days when I am not doing so much with my time. I like to start using Dolce&Gabbana Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation as a base as it’s lighter than air and doesn’t make me feel ‘caked’.
2) I am also never afraid to try new colours — why not? For lipstick I love all the shades in the Monica Collection and feel drawn to the different shades depending on how I feel. I adore the Attractive one, which is the shade I wore for the advertising campaign. It’s a really fulsome red that is just timeless.
3) When you choose a red colour it’s because you feel you want to be looked at more. Sometimes you like this kind of feeling, and sometimes you just want to be natural. When you put on a red shade it’s because you accept people looking at you. The red is such a strong colour and it’s about you — this is not necessarily a sexual thing. If a man sees a woman with red lipstick he admires her, but often he won’t feel like kissing her.
4) Rules are made to be broken sometimes. I also don’t think it’s necessarily always the case that you should only play up lips or eyes — sometimes I like to wear a strong lip and then finish the look with a defined eye.
5) Lipstick is a statement that I’m ready for anything. Even if I pay no attention to anything else, I will put on a layer of mascara and add a slick of lipstick too, even if it’s a super natural shade.
6) I can’t compromise on the mascara and even if I’m wearing very soft make-up, I always wear mascara, usually a black one. It helps me to feel ‘finished’ and ready for the day. I love to use Dolce&Gabbana Intenseyes Mascara as nothing else creates such a beautiful full, feathered look.
Bottom line: if you want a man to notice you, says screen siren Monica Bellucci, just wear red lipstick…