1) She’s 53 today and still beautiful, relevant, and in demand in films,
2) in fact, she’s done over 4 dozen films since the ’80s and
3) she’s worked with all the great directors from Paolo Virzì to Nanni Moretti to Ferzan Ozpetek.
4) She’s not a diva. She lives a simple life in Rome with her husband and daughter despite
5) having won awards like nobody’s business: 6 David di Donatello Awards, 6 Nastri d’Argento , 5 Italian Golden Globes, 11 Ciak D’Oro Awards (two Super Ciak D’Oros), and the Pasinetti Award at the Venice Film Festival.
6) She can do it all, playing the serious roles like in Sivio Soldini’s Giorni e Nuvoli, and funny ones like in Carlo Verdone’s Maledetto Il Giorno Che T’ho Incontrato and by the way
7) Maledetto Il Giorno Che T’ho Incontrato is hilarious.
8) She was wonderful when she was young:
9) and wonderful after all these years:
10) and she’s sure to be wonderful in Nanni Moretti’s upcoming Mia Madre!