Do you need 10 reasons? If so, here they are!
1. Learn something about the Mafia in Italy with a clever child’s eye view of what it was like for normal people living under the mafia’s thumb in 1980s and 90s Palermo. Pierfrancesco Diliberto (Pif) directed, starred in, and cowrote this story about mafia’s killing spree that resulted in the deaths of judges, politicians, and police officers and reached fever pitch with the famous “Maxi-Trial”.
“When I became a father I learned two thing: The first, I would want to defend my child from all the bad things in the world. and the second, to teach them what they are.”
2. Beautiful Cristiana Capotondi stars as Diliberto’s love interest, and she’s gorgeous.
3. It was named “Best Comedy” in the European Film Awards.
4. For such a serious theme, it’s really funny but
5. the end will make you cry.
6. There’s a really cute child actor.
7. Variety’s Jay Weissberg says, “Pierfrancesco Diliberto makes a terrific debut with this alternately humorous and heartrending tale of the mob’s pernicious influence in Sicily.”
8. The Hollywood Reporter says, “In his impressive directorial debut, Italian TV star Pierfrancesco Diliberto finds unlikely comedy in the murderous criminal underworld of his native Sicily.”
9. It’s playing here in the US! Check for times HERE!
10. Pif is pretty adorable. Popular TV star, Italy’s answer to Jon Stewart, is talented and we’ll see more from him.