You should know Alba Rohrwacher, and here’s why:
1) She’s in EVERYTHING. She’s every director’s dream, taking difficult roles from the mentally unbalanced mom in Hungry Hearts, to the angry, sexually conflicted girlfriend in Via Castellana Bandiera, to the culturally imposed cross-dresser in Vergine Giurata.
2) And she’ll go to great lengths for a part. The already willowy thin Alba lost 20 pounds to play the anorexic loner in La Solitudine Dei Numeri Primi.
3) She’s nominated for Best Actress for the Nastro D’Argento awards (for Hungry Hearts), and seems like a shoo-in to me since she also starred in Laura Bispuri’s Vergine Giurata; this is her year.
4) She’s already won a Best Actress award for Hungry Hearts, at the 2014 Venice Film Festival.
5) And there’s so much more to come, like Marco Bellocchio’s L’Ultimo Vampiro (which DOP Daniele Ciprì assures me is NOT a vampire movie).