The Readers’ Favorites Will Be Announced In January And YOU Can Vote!
You can see my picks in red, but make you send yours to Ciak Magazine by adding a comment at http://www.ciakmagazine.it/news/extra/6515/sondaggio-ciak-2016-it-list-cinema.html
or tweeting at them with the hashtag #SondaggioCiak2016. If you like, you can send them 10 lines reflecting on the year in cinema (and you know I will be doing that) and they might publish it!
All my answers are from Italy, but yours don’t have to be!
1)The film of the year?
Fuocoammare (Fire At Sea)
It’s been submitted to the Oscars and is considered a top contender, it’s been nominated for a European Film Award (EFA), and it won the Golden Bear at the Berlinale; what else do you need to know?
2) The most important director?
Just take a look at his last two films and the one coming up. La Pazza Gioia and Il Capitale Umano were exceptional, and the upcoming English language The Leisure Seekers looks amazing. He’s in a tie with Paolo Sorrentino, but this year he came out on top.
3) The most important actor and actress of 2016?
I know you hate hearing it, but Checco Zalone is a true phenomenon and has changed Italian comedies forever. On the other hand, I know you love hearing that there’s nobody like Paola Cortellesi!
4) The best Italian film of 2016?
Paolo Virzì’s La Pazza Gioia (Like Crazy)
There were so many good movies this year, but La Pazza Gioia was the warmest, funniest, most exportable, with the best characters and dialogue.
5) The best Italian actor and actress of 2016?
Alessandro Borghi, and a tie for best actress, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi and Miceala Ramazzotti. They were both extraordinary in ‘La Pazza Gioia’.
6) The best animated film?
7) What do you consider the film revelation of the year?
Marianna and Angela Fontana in ‘Indivisibili’
These newcomers were spectacular in the fantastic movie from Edoardo De Angelis.
8) What was you biggest disappointment?
That Paolo Genovese’s ‘Perfetti Sconosciuti’ (Perfect Strangers) has not yet made it to US theaters!
9) What was the worst of 2016?
La Corrispendenza (The Correspondence) Giuseppe Tornatore
10) What was your favorite love scene?
A very romantic one, in ‘Lo Chiamavano Jeeg Robot (They Call Me Jeeg Robot)’ when Enzo carries Alessia from the bus.
11) What was the sexiest scene?
Still thinking about this one.
12) What was the best on-screen couple?
Luciana (Paola Cortellesi) and Stefano (Alessandro Gassman), Gli Ultimi Saranno Ultimi (The Last Will Be Last)
13) What was the best movie poster?
La Pazza Gioia (Like Crazy) Paolo Virzì
14) What was your favorite line or dialogue from a film?
From Michele Vannucci’s ‘Il Più Grande Sogno (I Was A Dreamer), “I thought the worst was over, but it’s just started.”
15) What is the most important TV series of the year?
Gomorra, The TV Series
16) Who are your favorite TV characters in 2016?
17) What are the film and TV series that you are most looking forward to in 2017?
Coming this year to Netflix in Italy and the United States!
18) What are you betting on for 2017?
I’ll bet Antonio Piazza and Fabio Grassadonia’s upcoming ‘Sicilian Ghost Story’ is super cool.
19) What was your favorite Ciak Magazine cover for 2016?
2o) And which one did you hate?
21) And finally, choose the actor and actress with the most talent.
Greta Scarano and Alessandro Borghi
These two are big, but they are about to become even bigger.